Foothill Wildflowers

I've been pretty lazy lately when it comes to
editing photos. I have more from my trip to McCloud but
in the meantime I'm posting some from a recent outing
to the Central California Foothills near Sonora.

This gave me a good opportunity to use my new
Tokina 100mm Macro lens. 

The wildflowers this year were somewhat disappointing, too much rain
I guess. I thought it would be just the opposite

The first up is of course a California Golden Poppy.




All the photos I'm posting today are with the macro, except one.




This flower surprised me. I don't think I have ever seen it before. I was luck
with my flower guide because I opened it randomly to the right page.




These I couldn't find in my guide.





And last but not least. When I first saw this insect I thought it was a tiny bee.
But looking closer I think it is actually a tiny wasp. 



Go, See, Enjoy, Photograph

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mono Lake