Yosemite, Valley and Olmstead Point

I recently took a trip to the east side of the Sierras. On the way over I stopped
in Yosemite. This trip I tried to focus on the wild flowers I found, but of course some
of the iconic features caught my eye. 

As you can see the water is still flowing, though I don't think it will last too much
longer. There is still some snow at the highest elevations.




Behind the Church I found this delicate flowers blooming.  I believe it is
a Yellow Salsify, a member of the Aster family and not native to Yosemite.



Several of the flowers I came across I couldn't identify. If anyone has the answer I
would surely appreciate it if you could leave a comment. I spent a lot more time trying to identify these flowers than I did editing.



I found out what this one is. It's milkweed, a plant that butterflies 
rely on during their annual migration






This next one I took mainly for the bug. I think it's some kind of wasp
but it isn't in any of my books, and I couldn't locate it on the web. It may
also be a bee that looks like a wasp, go figure.... Anybody know what it is???



I decided to post only one more iconic image, not Yosemite Falls, Fern Springs, Half Dome, 
the Three Brothers, Pohono Bridge or Tenya Lake or.........



One the way out I stopped at Olmstead Point. There was a ground hugging flower that
I only saw in one small area. Again I couldn't find a name for it.



And last but not least a view of the granite face at Olmstead Point.


Stay safe and when you can; Go, See, Enjoy and Photograph

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mono Lake

Nevada Northern Railway